If you like planes, trains and buses, then this is the list of outings for you! It's great for the kids too.
- Cape Point & The Flying Dutchman Funicular: The Flying Dutchman Funicular travels on a railroad on Cape Point, providing a novel and exciting way to travel and see the sights. From the bottom station, you will journey through dense foliage and fynbos to the upper lighthouse.
- City Sightseeing Tours (Red Bus): The popular hop on hop off double-decker red bus is known for being one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways of getting to Cape Town’s top attractions. The family-friendly City Sightseeing bus offers audio information about the journey in 15 languages, and even boasts an audio channel especially for children.
- Franschhoek Wine Tram: Leave the stress of modern life, and your car, behind when you take a trip on the charming Franschhoek Wine Tram. Journey through rolling vineyards in an open-side tram and open-air tram-bus stopping at some of South Africa’s oldest and most distinguished wine estates.
- Table Mountain Aerial Cableway: The best views of Cape Town are from the Table Mountain Cableway, a unique and 87-year-old method of seeing the wonders of the city. Travel up to the summit of the majestic flat-topped mountain and be astounded by vistas of the Mother City, Robben Island and the Peninsula.
- Discover Cape Town by taking the City Walk: A pre-determined route through the city, the City Walk gives you the opportunity to experience some of the sights and sounds of Cape Town’s CBD. While this route can be done as a guided tour – departures daily from outside the Taj hotel – it is, for the most part, a self-guided route.
- Parks in Cape Town: Cape Town is so much more than a walk in the park, it IS the park! The city is surrounded by a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Cape Floristic Region – the world’s smallest and most diverse floral kingdom. Around 70 percent of its approximately 9 600 species are not found anywhere else in the world.
- Scootours: Feel a rush of excitement as you head down some of the best trails in the Mother City on off-road scooters. Scootours provide you with some of the most state-of-the-art scooters in Cape Town. You’re bound to have a memorable time on the slopes of Table Mountain and Signal Hill.
Source: Cape Tourism